Do you want the expertise of a music therapist but work with a limited budget?
I provide consultation services to help you and your caregivers utilize music effectively with your clients in activity, social work, nursing, and restorative care programs.
How can you use consultation?
- Activity directors can troubleshoot music activity programming and learn how to use song spotlights for meaningful one-to-one visits
- Nursing staff can learn how to use music to help residents who become agitated or combative with routine care.
- Restorative care staff can learn how to use music to make exercise groups more efficient.
- Social work staff can learn how music can help with reaching residents who come from a different cultural background or who speak another language.
- Hospice chaplains can learn new ways to use music to address patients’ spiritual needs.
- Hospice volunteer coordinators can learn how to use Soundscaping materials to help their volunteers connect with hospice patients.
- Home care agencies can learn how to use Soundscaping materials to help their caregivers make meaningful connections with their care recipients.
Sample Consultation Projects
- Developing and implementing an iPod program
- Troubleshooting group activity planning and implementation
- Inservice training on using music for nursing care
- Hospice volunteer training: how to use music effectively in end-of-life care